nanog mailing list archives

Re: Are there any gmail admins reading here?

From: Anurag Bhatia <me () anuragbhatia com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 05:38:04 +0530

Hello Georgi

I have passed your message to my known contact in Gmail team.

Hopefully you will her back from them.

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 5:51 PM, Georgi Chorbadzhiyski <gf () unixsol org>wrote:

Guys can somebody send me a contact with gmail admin that can fix this:

     my@email

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the
recipient
domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further
information
about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned
was: 517
517 HELO mail-gy0-f174.google.com does not exist. (state 12).

I receive a lot of email forwarded by gmail to my email and I'm having
problems only
when the emails are forwarded over the server that says he is
mail-gy0-f174.google.com.
This happens to about 20-40 emails each day. Over a thousand more are
forwarded by
gmail to me without any problems.

host mail-gy0-f174.google.com 8.8.8.8

 Using domain server:
 Name: 8.8.8.8
 Address: 8.8.8.8#53
 Aliases:

 Host mail-gy0-f174.google.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

I have written to postmaster () gmail com over a week ago, but as expected
the email
send there just goes to /dev/null.

--
Georgi Chorbadzhiyski