nanog mailing list archives

Re: BCP38 Deployment

From: Darius Jahandarie <djahandarie () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 13:07:17 -0400

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 12:50, David Conrad <drc () virtualized org> wrote:
I would be surprised if this were true.

I'd argue that today, the vast majority of devices on the Internet (and certainly the ones that are used in massive
D(D)oS attacks) are found hanging off singly-homed networks.

Yes, but RPF can be implemented in places other than the customer
edge. In those places, lack of widespread, easy, and vendor-supported
feasible-path uRPF is what I believe really hurts things.

Granted, this is along a different line than what the OP was talking
about, but in terms of answering the question of "why don't we see
ingress filtering as much as we should?", I think it's a large factor.

--
Darius Jahandarie