nanog mailing list archives

Re: Verizon, FiOS, and CLEC/UNE orders (was AT&T diversity)

From: Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 16:56:11 -0400 (EDT)

----- Original Message -----
From: "William Herrin" <bill@her

The hinky part is that the FCC decided that copper pairs are an
unbundled element but PONS wavelengths and Coaxial cable frequency
channels are not. So, Verizon doesn't have to share access to FIOS and
Comcast doesn't have to share access to the coax.

So why is it, then, that Vision Cable-Bright House-Advance/Newhouse Cable
Partnership (which is what the payroll checks have said since about 1979)
*is* required to provide competitive cablemodem access on their HFC plant?

(I can get RoadRunner, their own brand, or Earthlink, or the local provider
Internet Junction...)

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink                       jra () baylink com