nanog mailing list archives

Re: LinkedIn password database compromised

From: JC Dill <jcdill.lists () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 07:58:18 -0700

On 07/06/12 6:36 AM, Peter Kristolaitis wrote:
Plus, now you have the problem of users not being able to login to their favourite websites when they're using a friend's computer, internet cafe, etc, unless they've remembered to bring a copy of their private key with them.

I've run into this problem with setting up accounts on aps on my smartphone. A secure password that is relatively easy to type on a regular keyboard becomes a PITA to type on a smartphone. There are a number of sites I simply don't use on my phone because the hassle of setting up each site's ap is greater than the benefit I get from accessing it via the phone.

jc