nanog mailing list archives

Re: RIS raw data

From: Randy Bush <randy () psg com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 06:34:49 +0900

Please don't conflate the policy mechanisms enabled by the IRR policy
*language*/specification itself with the *data* contained in the IRR

i don't.  the former is called rpsl.

some years back, i asked for a *simple minimal* tagging of announcements
to route views, just peer, customer, internal.  it got ietfed to utter
uselessness, with more crap welded on to it than envisioned in mad max.

Wrt your last paragraph: care to share a link the I-D (or, RFC) that
you allude to above?

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-grow-collection-communities-08

I think your last paragraph is alluding to tagging routes with
standard BGP communities, based on your "simple minimal" criteria,
before they are sent to route-views.  That strikes me as potentially
orthogonal to issues with the present data in the IRR.

but not orthogonal to the op's direct question.

randy