nanog mailing list archives

Re: RIS raw data

From: andra.lutu () imdea org
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 15:30:05 +0100 (CET)

Hi Randy,

Thank you for your reply.
I do, however, have
one more question, please find it bellow.

In some
cases I saw the export policy ANNOUNCE ANY, is this consistent
with a particular AS behaving like the RIPE AS was its
customer?

well, if i was to take that literally, that
would include internal
prefixes, e.g. some of p2p inter-router
links, loopbacks, ...

What would be then the
difference between this ANNOUNCE ANY policy and  this other policy I have
found "ANNOUNCE AS-YYY" (where AS YYY is the AS  exporting its
routes)? What are the ASes actually exporting in this  case?

of course, taking anything from the IRR literally is naïve at
best.

some years back, i asked for a *simple minimal*
tagging of announcements
to route views, just peer, customer,
internal.  it got ietfed to utter
uselessness, with more crap
welded on to it than envisioned in mad max.

randy

Best regards,
Andra