nanog mailing list archives

Re: enterprise 802.11

From: Jon Sevier <jon.p.sevier () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 09:55:29 -0800

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 11:30 AM, Ken King <kking () yammer-inc com> wrote:

I need to choose a wireless solution for a new office.

up to 600 devices will connect.  most devices are mac books and mobile
phones.

we can see hundreds of access points in close proximity to our new office
space.

what are the thoughts these days on the best enterprise solution/vendor?

Thanks for your replies.

Ken King

Others have mentioned Ubiquiti- while a great and affordable solution for
point-to-point/backhaul and WISPs, their Unifi product has a ways to go to
be considered 'enterprise ready'. It's at best coffee shop ready based on
their latest updates. Their support is basically their forums (which have
very good participation of both users and vendor folks).

The Unifi AP is 2.4GHz only as well.

-Jon