nanog mailing list archives

RE: accessing multiple devices via a script

From: "Blake T. Pfankuch" <blake () pfankuch me>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 01:39:23 +0000

I have been using PLINK (putty's lesser known sibling) scripts for some of our smaller customers to execute information
gathering before a project in case of "excellent" documentation.  I can usually whip up a script in a few minutes to
get sh ru, sh ver and sh diag from 20 devices.  Also been using it for a couple of small customers for config backup
from webservers, switches, routers, firewalls and anything else with a telnet/ssh login.

Blake