nanog mailing list archives

RE: Colo Vending Machine

From: Nathan Eisenberg <nathan () atlasnetworks us>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 19:06:29 +0000

Please post your top 3 favorite components/parts you'd like to see in a
vending machine at your colo; please be as specific as possible; don't
let vendor specificity scare you off.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink
jra () baylink com

USB A/B/Mini/Micro/Nano/Pico/etc/etc/etc cables
Spare parts (common sizes of RAM/Disks/Fans)
New servers (probably don't fit in a vending machine, but in that dark place where you need a new box *TONIGHT*, this
could be a godsend)
Generically sized hoodie or sweatshirt.  Datacenters can get really cold if you're in there longer than expected.
Advil/Ibuprofen/Generic OTC Pain Reliever
Cisco Console Cables

Outside of a vending machine, I've also seen a few facilities that have normal vending machines (including instant
coffee dispensers).  This has, on more than one occasion, kept me standing long enough to get the jorb done.

Nathan Eisenberg