nanog mailing list archives

Re: time sink 42

From: Chris Adams <cmadams () hiwaay net>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 15:33:38 -0600

Once upon a time, Randy Bush <randy () psg com> said:
is there a trick?  is there a (not expensive) different labeling machine
or technique i should use?

Like others, I use a Brother P-Touch with TZ tapes with a split down the
middle.  However, the last couple of tapes had splits that weren't cut
quite right, and they wouldn't peel easily.

What I usually do in that case (or with non-split tape) is to curl the
end of the tape across the blade of my pocket knife.  The tape and the
backing curl differently, so this makes it easy to then get the blade of
the knife between the tape and the backing and separate them.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams () hiwaay net>