nanog mailing list archives

Re: Common operational misconceptions

From: Joel jaeggli <joelja () bogus com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 21:57:35 -0800

On 2/15/12 21:04 , Kenneth M. Chipps Ph.D. wrote:
How widespread would you say the use of IS-IS is?

Even more as to which routing protocols are used, not just in ISPs, what
percent would you give to the various ones. In other words X percent of
organizations use OSPS, Y percent use EIGRP, and so on.

Using EIGRP implies your routed IGP dependent infrastructure is a
monoculture. That's probably infeasible without compromise even if you
are largely a Cisco shop.

ISIS is used in organizations other than ISPs.