nanog mailing list archives

Re: UDP port 80 DDoS attack

From: Steve Bertrand <steve.bertrand () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 18:49:43 -0500

On 2012.02.08 14:23, Drew Weaver wrote:
Stop paying transit providers for delivering spoofed packets to the edge of your network and they will very quickly develop
methods of proving that the traffic isn't spoofed, or block it altogether. =)

I firmly believe in this recourse, amongst others...

If you know that your provider allows spoofed traffic, let the community know about it.

In all aspects of life, a problem must be 'fixed' at the source. All of the small-medium size ops have to connect to the big-boys somewhere, and what I've seen in this industry is that the big-boys are generally compliant.

Steve