nanog mailing list archives

Re: [#135346] Unauthorized BGP Announcements (follow up to Hijacked Networks)

From: Antonio Querubin <tony () lavanauts org>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 08:15:28 -1000 (HST)

On Wed, 1 Feb 2012, David Conrad wrote:

On Jan 31, 2012, at 8:53 PM, Antonio Querubin wrote:
"We have a contractual relationship with our customer to announce that space.  We have neither a contractual relationship (in this
context) with the RIR nor the RIR's customer.  The RIR and/or the RIR's customer should resolve this issue with our
customer."
Contracts are generally not a valid reason to be breaking laws.

Which law?

I think if you provided more specific details of your example, I suspect some of us could probably come up with some specific laws that may have been broken :)

Antonio Querubin
e-mail:  tony () lavanauts org
xmpp:  antonioquerubin () gmail com