nanog mailing list archives

Re: Programmers with network engineering skills

From: Rodrick Brown <rodrick.brown () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 08:41:16 -0500

The smaller more elite hedge funds  are - Getco LLC, Knight Capital, SAC Capital Advisors, Jump Trading, Wolverine
Trading, Chicago Trading, Citadel, Sun Trading

A list of larger firms are here - http://www.nasdaqtrader.com/Trader.aspx?id=topliquidity

The core skill sets most look for is core Linux, C/C++, multicast, multithreading, IPC, and low level kernel drivers.
FPGA and CUDA is also becoming more relevant.

Sent from my iPhone