nanog mailing list archives

RE: Programmers with network engineering skills

From: George Bonser <gbonser () seven com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 08:14:35 +0000

Noon Silk said:

Just a practical comment here; part of your problem may be offering c
and php together. I don't want to start a war, but I know that at the
very least all the c programmers I know would considered php to be ...
"horribly offensive". So, maybe seperating out these two roles (c and
php programming) will help you.

It is definitely true (speaking as a programmer, C# for several years)
that seeing +PHP would instantly turn me off. Further, I'm sure that
almost anyone who is still programming in c these days would have the
level of networking knowledge you care about (and can train on top of).

PHP tends to mesh well with things like perl programmers. It is basically a scripting language.  Anyone using D ?