nanog mailing list archives

Re: JunOS IPv6 announcements over IPv4 BGP

From: Pete Ashdown <pashdown () xmission com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 12:47:30 -0700

Itis just informational rather than real peering.  Akamai CDN.

On 12/21/2012 12:45 PM, Jared Mauch wrote:
On Dec 21, 2012, at 1:45 PM, Pete Ashdown wrote:

I've got a peer who wishes me to send my IPv6 announcements over IPv4 BGP.
I'm running around in circles with JTAC trying to find out how to do this
in JunOS.  Does anyone have a snippet they can send me?
I would say don't do this.  You are likely to experience software defects that are unique to this configuration which
IMHO is far less common than a peer per v4/v6 transport.  It will also show they aren't doing any 'kinky' engineering
to get you IPv6.  While some folks may disagree, the ability to connect you to an edge device that does dual-stack
will provide you better service.

- Jared