nanog mailing list archives

Re: Bizarre (.bz) abuse report - are we alone?

From: "John Levine" <johnl () iecc com>
Date: 27 Aug 2012 03:45:22 -0000

Is this type of thing typical these days and we're just lucky so far and
behind the curve on the futility of trying to take action on reports of
network abuse?

Suresh is right, this is a GWF/GWL.  Normal people send abuse reports
with actionable data and a working return address for replies and
questions.

If I got one of those I would be torn between writing back and saying
"If you want a real response, send a real report" and just blackholing
his IP since there is clearly no chance that any useful traffic will
come from it.

R's,
John