nanog mailing list archives

Re: HSRP vs VRRP for IPv6 on IOS-XE - rekindling an old flame

From: -Hammer- <bhmccie () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 08:29:58 -0500

It's too early for me to say that. I know for HSRP I had to define a group for IPv4 and a separate group for IPv6. Since it looks like VRRP is out for me I haven't looked into that. And I have no idea about other options for other manufacturers or specific implementations (NSRP, GSLB, etc.). I'm still hoping someone on this thread from Cisco or elsewhere will confirm my findings. I'll update the thread with what our direct AS folks come back with as well.

-Hammer-

"I was a normal American nerd"
-Jack Herer