nanog mailing list archives

Re: rpki vs. secure dns?

From: Alex Band <alexb () ripe net>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 17:16:39 +0200

On 28 Apr 2012, at 21:28, Phil Regnauld wrote:

Rubens Kuhl (rubensk) writes:
In case you feel a BGP announcement should not be "RPKI Invalid" but something else, you do what's described on
slide 15-17:

https://ripe64.ripe.net/presentations/77-RIPE64-Plenery-RPKI.pdf

The same currently happens with DNSSEC, doing what Comcast calls
"negative trust anchors":
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-livingood-negative-trust-anchors-01

      Yes, NTAs was the comparison that came to my mind as well. Or even
      in classic DNS, overriding with stubs. You will get bitten by a bogus/
      flawed ROA, but you'll have to the chance to mitigate it. Any kind of
      centralized mechanism like this is subject to these risks, no matter
      what the distribution mechanism is.

Now that we have cleared up the fact that any RPKI statement can be overridden, I want to address another tenacious