nanog mailing list archives

Re: Securing OOB

From: Leigh Porter <leigh.porter () ukbroadband com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 12:45:01 +0000

I have juniper SRX110s that use the magic new multi site IPSec thing.

--
Leigh Porter

On 23 Apr 2012, at 13:43, "Eric" <eric () roxanne org> wrote:

Hello,

It seems that the current practice is to use a DSL line, as opposed to a modem, for accessing an OOB a console server
at a remote colo.  From a security standpoint, what do people generally do - trust the console server, repurpose an
old linksys box from my house or put in a full firewall?

Eric :)