nanog mailing list archives

RE: Disappointing ARIN - A great advertisement for the USA ?

From: Jon Lewis <jlewis () lewis org>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 12:53:47 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 12 Sep 2011, Eric Krichbaum wrote:

That was on June 25th according to Mark Kosters.  They started to answer
with both the parent and delegated objects.  That hosed the way RWHOIS data
was being reported to most things as the client won't know which to send
through to the rwhois servers.  Still works from an old SCO box but not from
anything current.

A "+" flag on the query from some clients will get it to recurse, but for my
tests kicked back "%error 350 Invalid Query Syntax".

Prepending the query with a + "works" for me, in that I get the expected data, but there's additional unexpeced data (full record for the Parent, even if the Parent is just an ARIN /8) in the output that will probably still cause problems for scripts.

 Jon Lewis, MCP :)           |  I route
 Atlantic Net                |