nanog mailing list archives

Re: ARIN-2011-1: ARIN Inter-RIR Transfers - Last Call (expires in one week)

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 10:44:36 -0800

On Nov 11, 2011, at 8:02 AM, bmanning () vacation karoshi com wrote:

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 06:55:03AM -0800, Leo Bicknell wrote:

The networks I run have been dual stacked for 5+ years.  It works.

--
      Leo Bicknell - bicknell () ufp org - CCIE 3440

      and I've been running single-stack IPv6 networks for 4+ years.
      IVI is a wonderful thing.   Dual stack kind of implies you still
      need IPv4 for -EVERY- node. :)  whoops!  Guess there is a need for
      NAT after all, eh?   (now promises to stop meing snarky and STFU)

Dual stack implies that you have IPv4 for some subset of the nodes.
It says nothing about need. It says nothing about percentage of the
nodes that are dual stacked.

Owen