nanog mailing list archives

Re: Rogers Canada using 7.0.0.0/8 for internal address space

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 10:59:18 -0700

On May 24, 2011, at 10:38 AM, Rubens Kuhl wrote:

Is the DoD releasing this range to Rogers? Or has Rogers squatted on
this space due to exhaustion of their 10/8 use? We've seen other

Squatting resources from an organization that can deploy F/A-18
Hornets, F/A-22 Raptors, Predator drones or Navy SEALs is probably bad
to your health.

It's been a while since we fought a war with canada.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig_War

I haven't read any formal declaration of war from the US regarding
Pakistan, and that haven't helped an infamous citizen of being killed
there by DoD assets... on the other hand, it's safer for an american
company to squatt DoD number resources than a canadian one, due to
Posse Comitatus.

Rubens

I tend to doubt it. I'm pretty sure the DoD has the phone number to
the FBI.

Owen