nanog mailing list archives

Re: Rogers Canada using 7.0.0.0/8 for internal address space

From: Paul Graydon <paul () paulgraydon co uk>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 05:54:58 -1000

On 5/24/2011 4:17 AM, Byron L. Hicks wrote:
On 5/24/2011 9:13 AM, Leigh Porter wrote:

So you said NO, and what did they do about it ?
It forced them to put in their own ISDN router, and they put static
routes on the point of sale terminals that pointed the "borrowed" IP
space to the ISDN router.  There was no way I was going to put this in
the routing tables of my campus routers.

So rather than fix the real problem, they added an additional bodge? Why am I not surprised?

Paul