nanog mailing list archives

Re: Netflix Is Eating Up More Of North America's Bandwidth Than Any Other Company

From: JC Dill <jcdill.lists () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 17:36:05 -0700

 On 18/05/11 5:10 PM, Dorn Hetzel wrote:

        Sure, but I'm guessing that something like that 80% of the
        content that 80% of people watch *is* available on some
        satellite/cable channel.

    Yes, but most isn't available "over the air" with rabbit ears and
    a DVR.  One of the big appeals of Netflix is the $8/month for all
    you can eat versus ~$40-60 for various cable and satellite packages.

    jc

But it's not really $8/month, it's 8$ plus broadband.

But I have broadband already. To get Satellite or Cable it's another $40-60/month, to get Netflix it's another $8/month.

jc