nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 foot-dragging

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 03:06:41 -0700

On May 11, 2011, at 8:14 PM, ML wrote:

On 5/11/2011 11:03 AM, james () jamesstewartsmith com wrote:
I have had similar problems with our providers, and these are tier 1 companies that should have already been full
deployed.  These are also some of the more expensive providers on a per Mb basis.  The one provider that was full
IPv6 ready was Cogent.  HE is also IPv6 (although we don't use them atm.)

The same Cogent that asked me to pay extra for IPv6 and in return I get an incomplete IPv6 routing table?

We will happily provide you with a  more complete IPv6 routing table, though we do, admittedly lack
routes from Cogent and a couple of other players that are having difficulty realizing that IPv6 peering
is somewhat different from IPv4.

Owen DeLong
Hurricane Electric