nanog mailing list archives

Re: Removal from mailing list

From: Ken Chase <ken () sizone org>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 18:47:18 -0400

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 05:40:43PM -0500, Lyle Giese said:

Then some kids decided to take it over and discuss and trade commodore-64
juarez on it (and then, seeming to having a shred of clue, they were
harassed by others for help to get off the list) til we noticed and figured we
were abetting piracy, so we shut it down.

Ah those were the days. (nods to old nm-listers, be ye out there.)

/kc

Yep, the good ole days...  Back then I started my business doing chip
level repairs on Commodore 64's.

You know you can buy a C-64 now?  Someone bought the name and created a
PC in a case that looks identical to a C-64.

and runs a C64 emulator at 100x the speed of the original 64, meaning
the games are unplayable without a nullop routine :)

/kc

Lyle Giese
LCR Computer Services, Inc.

--
Ken Chase - ken () heavycomputing ca skype:kenchase23 +1 416 897 6284 Toronto Canada
Heavy Computing - Clued bandwidth, colocation and managed linux VPS @151 Front St. W.