nanog mailing list archives

Re: Yahoo and IPv6

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 22:23:03 -0400

On Mon, 09 May 2011 18:14:01 PDT, Owen DeLong said:
Well, if you're having to retransmit those intermittently, then, it does seem you
have some level of brokenness with your network, no?

So if I retransmit because *your* router is down, it's a brokenness in *my* network?

Given the following posting from earlier this morning:

The location that's affecting the results is pending removal from DNS;
and ASAP we hope to have the name moved to the geo-LB that suppors v6,
instead of the round robin it is today.

I feel pretty damned justified in saying it wasn't *my* network causing the retransmits.

(Oh - and kudos for the person quoted above for 'fessing up, and to the people
that tracked down the actual issue. That always sucks when the test rig itself
has issues. Glad to hear it will be fixed)