nanog mailing list archives

Re: Yahoo and IPv6

From: Seth Mattinen <sethm () rollernet us>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 10:12:41 -0700

On 5/9/2011 08:16, Arie Vayner wrote:
Actually, I have just noticed a slightly more disturbing thing on the Yahoo
IPv6 help page...

I have IPv6 connectivity through a HE tunnel, and I can reach IPv6 services
(the only issue is that my ISP's DNS is not IPv6 enabled), but I tried to
run the "Start IPv6 Test" tool at http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/ipv6/ and
it says:
"We detected an issue with your IPv6 configuration. On World IPv6 Day, you
will have issues reaching Yahoo!, as well as your other favorite web sites.
We recommend disabling
IPv6<http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=ArHGqIAYvt_4fpp3N3vLzmNRJ3tG/SIG=11vv8jc1f/**http%3A//help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/ipv6/general/ipv6-09.html>,
or seeking assistance in order to fix your system's IPv6 configuration
through your ISP or computer manufacturer."

It says the same thing for me; however it is most certainly wrong. All
my IPv6 connectivity is native - no tunnels.

~Seth