nanog mailing list archives

Re: OT: Question/Netflix issues?

From: Roger Marquis <marquis () roble com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 22:05:08 -0700 (PDT)

A probable case of outsourcing core business functionality without a
fully tested plan B...

  <http://www.computerworlduk.com/news/cloud-computing/3250260/netflix-switches-to-amazon-web-services-to-save-money/>

  <http://blog.reddit.com/2011/03/why-reddit-was-down-for-6-of-last-24.html>

  <http://www.reddit.com/r/blog/comments/g66f0/why_reddit_was_down_for_6_of_the_last_24_hours/c1l6ykx>

Roger Marquis

We?re sorry, the Netflix website and the ability to instantly watch movies
are both temporarily unavailable.However, our shipping centers are
continuing to send and receive DVDs so your order is in process as usual.
Our engineers are working hard to bring the site and ability to watch
instantly back up as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and,
again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you need
further assistance, please call us at 1-877-445-6064.