nanog mailing list archives

Re: estimation of number of DFZ IPv4 routes at peak in the future

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike () swm pp se>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 07:27:05 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 8 Mar 2011, Owen DeLong wrote:

On Mar 8, 2011, at 7:17 PM, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

last allocations being seen in the remaining RIR "normal allocations" would be smaller than before plus de-aggregation of space as people "sell" or "lease" subspace of their allocations.

You have ignored the probability of disaggregation due to IP trading markets, especially
given the wild-west nature of the APNIC transfer policy.

No, I haven't ignored it. I'm just more optimistic about IPv6 deployment and that there will be a lot less de-aggregation due to trading than others are.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike () swm pp se