nanog mailing list archives

Re: Verizon Issues? East Coast US

From: "Randy McAnally" <rsm () fast-serv com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 14:35:28 -0500

On Tue, 1 Mar 2011 11:47:39 -0500, Chris Tracy wrote

In both cases, mtr shows ~50% loss beginning at google-
gw.customer.alter.net (152.179.50.62), the first hop in AS15169.
 It's clear that I must be losing more ICMP than TCP packets given
that google webpages come up fairly quickly, but youtube videos hang
ever since this started.

Anybody else seeing this?

I've been seeing ~50% packet loss to google from FiOS (WDC area) for a while
now.  Youtube completely unusable during the day for the most part, but that
has been going on for months to tell you the truth.

~Randy