nanog mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft's participation in World IPv6 day

From: Martin Hotze <m.hotze () hotze com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 05:28:18 +0000

Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 09:13:31 -0700
From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Subject: Re: Microsoft's participation in World IPv6 day
To: fredrik danerklint <fredan-nanog () fredan se>
Cc: nanog () nanog org

On Jun 3, 2011, at 5:27 AM, fredrik danerklint wrote:

The problem is not all on Microsoft at this case.

For example; I've bought a ZyXEL P-2612HNU-F1(which has
802.11n Wireless ADSL 2+ 4-port gateway 2 SIP 2 USB 3G Backup)
in december 2010. It basiclly has everything in it.
(...)
What they (ZyXEL) are saying to me (for not haveing IPv6 at this moment)
is
that they don't have the skills to implement IPv6 in their current
products.

I would let them know that they are overdue for developing this skill
set and better get cracking if I were their customer.

well, directly from their (ZyXEL) US homepage you will be directed to:
http://us.zyxel.com/info/ipv6/ with at least some information.

#m