nanog mailing list archives

Re: The stupidity of trying to "fix" DHCPv6

From: Chris Adams <cmadams () hiwaay net>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 10:09:00 -0500

Once upon a time, Owen DeLong <owen () delong com> said:
I would like to see both protocols made optionally complete, so, in addition
to fixing DHCPv6 by adding routing information options, I'd also like to
see something done where it would be possible to add at least DNS
servers to RA.

Isn't that what RDNSS (recursive DNS servers) and DNSSL (DNS search
list) extensions are?
--
Chris Adams <cmadams () hiwaay net>