nanog mailing list archives

Re: Address Assignment Question

From: Seth Mos <seth.mos () dds nl>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 00:08:34 +0200

Op 20 jun 2011, om 23:55 heeft John Levine het volgende geschreven:

An organization that blocks 90% of spam with no false positives is
incredibly useful.

Using a greylisting system is equally effective without the black
list part.

Hi.  I'm the guy who wrote the CEAS paper on greylisting.

Greylisting is useful, but anyone who thinks it's a substitute for
DNSBLs has never run a large mail system.

We use the black lists for scoring spam messages, but we never outright block messages. I was not implying that
blacklists are not useful at all. I just see things in shades of grey over black and white.

Of the 17 domains we have with roughly 250 users it does well enough.

Regards,

Seth