nanog mailing list archives

Re: AltDB?

From: Jon Lewis <jlewis () lewis org>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 00:40:29 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011, John Curran wrote:

"Any person in the ARIN community is welcome to make a suggestion
regarding an existing or potential ARIN service or practice.
Such a suggestion will be sent to ARIN as described at Suggestion
Submission <https://www.arin.net/app/suggestion/> page. "

I just used that to put in the suggestion that rr.arin.net be updated to support CRYPT-PW (DES and MD5) and PGP, along with reasoning for the suggestion. The page had a captcha on it.

Immediately after submitting, it, I got an email saying I had to hit a link to confirm the suggestion. Does ARIN get that much form submission spam on the suggestion form (with the captcha)? My suggestion ID is 2011.1...so I'm guessing this isn't a heavily used form :)

 Jon Lewis, MCP :)           |  I route
 Atlantic Net                |