nanog mailing list archives

RE: What's the current state of major access networks in North America ipv6 delivery status?

From: Antonio Querubin <tony () lava net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 07:09:46 -1000 (HST)

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011, Lee Howard wrote:

Time Warner Cable turned up its first commercial customer using native IPv6
over our
fiber access product last year, and we expect to begin residential IPv6
trials this spring.
We, along with other MSOs, have been working with CableLabs, NCTA and the
SCTE
in a multi-industry effort to adopt IPv6, and are hopeful that companies in
the CE and
vendor communities begin to offer new equipment and provide firmware
upgrades that
ensure the devices in our customers' homes support IPv6.

When I queried the local TWC reps on behalf of a business client who has TWC Business Class service about 2 weeks ago, the response I received was "it's not available yet... you need to convert to IPv4..."

Are Business Class customers considered residential or commercial?

Antonio Querubin
e-mail/xmpp:  tony () lava net