nanog mailing list archives

Re: Securing Border Routers

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 20:22:50 -0800

Using non-world routable space on interfaces makes for difficulties in some
situations with PMTU-D and with troubleshooting (useless information in
traceroutes for example).

Owen

On Jan 19, 2011, at 6:04 PM, jim deleskie wrote:

Never put a firewall in front of a router, it will die first.  The team
CYMRU stuff is great make sure you have ACL's on your VTY and allow access
only from trusted internal IPs.  I also like using non world routable space
on any interface I can.