nanog mailing list archives

Re: Using IPv6 with prefixes shorter than a /64 on a LAN

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 13:23:40 -0800

On Feb 1, 2011, at 9:39 AM, Jack Bates wrote:

On 2/1/2011 11:29 AM, Owen DeLong wrote:

I prefer persistent GUA over ULA for that.

I do too, though for simple zeroconf devices, I'd prefer ULA over link local. Given that it's not an either or
situation, I fully support ULA existing.

Jack

Given the vast probability for abuse of ULA becoming de facto GUA later, I don't support ULA existing as the benefits
are vastly overwhelmed by the potential for abouse.