nanog mailing list archives

Re: quietly....

From: Roland Perry <lists () internetpolicyagency com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 21:37:01 +0000

In article <EFC767DA-2CBB-4094-B8D2-553E9EAA2990 () sackheads org>, John Payne <john () sackheads org> writes

NAT provides a solution to, lets call it, enterprise multihoming.
Remote office with a local Internet connection, but failover through
the corporate network.

And for home (/homeworker) networks ... eg I have a NAT box with a default connection to my ADSL provider and an automatic failover to 3G (completely separate supplier).

Almost everything inside my network doesn't notice when it switches over.

Now, if only I could get it to automatically revert to ADSL when it reappears - I wouldn't have to worry so much about the 3G bill.

--
Roland Perry
Nottingham, UK