nanog mailing list archives

Re: Mac OS X 10.7, still no DHCPv6

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike () swm pp se>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 05:17:56 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011, Steven Bellovin wrote:

I'm not saying there are no uses for DHCPv6, though I suspect that some of the reasons proposed are more people wanting to do things the way they always do, rather than making small changes and ending up with equivalent effort. I am saying that security is not a strong argument.

Well, rest assurend that you have plenty of people disagreeing with you.

The again your views are shared by a lot of people for IPv4 as well, thus meaning it took until now before the IETF even hade a SAVI like working group to handle the security issues that has been around since forever but that was solved for IPv4 outside of IETF around 10 years ago but stil has no widespread implementation for IPv6 (but it's getting there).

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike () swm pp se