nanog mailing list archives

Re: Weekend Gedankenexperiment - The Kill Switch

From: Fernando Gont <fernando () gont com ar>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 18:05:46 -0300

Hi, Dave,

On 06/02/2011 04:09 p.m., Dave CROCKER wrote:
Sorry, but I think the technical implications of a goal to survive
'hostile battlefield conditions' versus 'nuclear attack' are (small pun)
massively different.  Hence I think the actual language used matters.

And the fact that the common language around the net during the '70s was
the former and not the latter matters.  Which is why it would be helpful
to get some credible documentation about use of the latter.

How about:

Clark, D. 1988. "The Design Philosophy of the DARPA Internet Protocols".
Computer Communication Review, Vol. 18, No. 4, 1988.

?

Thanks,
--
Fernando Gont
e-mail: fernando () gont com ar || fgont () acm org