nanog mailing list archives

Re: Howto for BGP black holing/null routing

From: Jon Lewis <jlewis () lewis org>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 19:38:37 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 22 Feb 2011, David Hubbard wrote:

I was wondering if anyone has a howto floating around on the
step by step setup of having an internal bgp peer for sending
quick updates to border routers to null route sources of
undesirable traffic?  I've seen it discussed on nanog from
time to time, typically suggesting using Zebra, but could
not search up a link on a step by step.

I actually did a blog entry just a couple weeks ago about this with relatively step by step [cisco] instructions.

http://jonsblog.lewis.org/2011/02/05#blackhole

I'm curious what others think of the setup.

 Jon Lewis, MCP :)           |  I route
 Atlantic Net                |