nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 mistakes, was: Re: Looking for an IPv6 naysayer...

From: Steve Meuse <smeuse () mara org>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 21:11:34 -0500

Mark Andrews expunged (marka () isc org):

Remember a lot of this problem is the direct result of vendors not
acting soon enough and that includes CISCO.  Asking those vendors
to do a bit of work to fixup the results of their bad decisions is
not unreasonable.  They can't fix hardware limitations but they can
definitely fix software limitations.

Vendors have finite resources. I'm not going to ask them to waste time fixing something that buys us a short amount of
time vs. asking them to work on a feature that has immediate impact to my ability to generate revenue.

Yah, I'm one of those dirty capitalists.

What's Randy's quote? "I highly recommend my competitors do this..."

-Steve