nanog mailing list archives

Re: A top-down RPKI model a threat to human freedom? (was Re: Level 3's IRR Database)

From: Rubens Kuhl <rubensk () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 20:40:29 -0200

There is not a single RIR that is not physically located in a country.

You can hope they are more stable from a policy point of view, but, the
reality is that if someone shows up at the front door with tanks and
mortars, my money is not on the RIR.

But they might choose a country in that region that is less likely to
mess with the RIR. For instance, ARIN would probably be a lot safer in
Canada than in the US... RIPE could relocate to Swiss or Sweden
(although I think Holland is not that much of a risk), for instance.
LACNIC in Uruguay seems a good choice to me, the same with AfriNIC in
Mauritius.

Rubens