nanog mailing list archives

RE: Speed Test Results

From: Brandon Kim <brandon.kim () brandontek com>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 09:46:59 -0500

I love using speedtest. My FIOS at home is 25/25. And speedtest consistently hits that mark
so I know FIOS is giving me what I paid for.

When Verizon was having internet issues last week my numbers were bad.

Like someone else said, I would not use it much more for quick gauge. To get more granular info
you should be using other tools....