nanog mailing list archives

Re: SIXXS contact

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike () swm pp se>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 07:28:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011, Andrew Kirch wrote:

But if these two groups want people to take IPv6 seriously (you know, before the ceiling comes down on our heads), maybe they should take it seriously.

Having run a volunteer service before, I can tell you there are a lot of people complaining about the free service. I would imagine the only alternative to doing what they do now is to either get more money and resources (sponsorship or paying customers) or to shut the service down.

What is a preferrable service, a "not great" service, or no service at all? I know I wouldn't have the energy to handle all the abuse I see them getting, I would just tell people to go away and go home and watch tv. I'm happy they have the energy to do what they're doing.

That's why I asked for SLA level services I can point people to who complain. I'd imagine most of them wouldn't want to pay anyway, but I hope it'll make them think about complaining too much about a free service.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike () swm pp se