nanog mailing list archives

Re: Youtube Geolocation

From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 21:55:03 -0400

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 9:50 PM, Harry Strongburg <harry.nanog () harry lu> wrote:

I had a similar issue, but it was mainly only over IPv6. According to
someone I spoke to at Google, bumping up the MTU might help (and did
help for me). I don't remember my previous MTU (I think it was 1280),
but once I bumped it up to 1480 or so, my packets stopped getting routed
to Europe (from NY) and worked properly. Maybe a similar issue could be
with their IPv4 routers? Try increasing the MTU.

how has mtu got anything to do with packet path?

-chris