nanog mailing list archives

RE: IPv4 Address Exhaustion Effects on the Earth

From: "George Bonser" <gbonser () seven com>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 19:04:47 -0700

Sigh...  A major opportunity missed.

Unfortunately the bufferbloat problem isn't a laughing matter, though
do wish I had thought of this idea in time for my talk.  I will
include
this joke as some levity about the mess we're in as I repeat the talk
going forward, and would tie in very nicely with one of the amusing
reasons that "RED in a different light" has never been published. I
really hate giving such bad news without some levity as it can be a
real
downer both for me and the audience.

Speaking of Van's paper, has that ever been located/revived?  Is it
available beyond that one earlier draft that is available on the
Internet?

George