nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv4 sunset date set for 2019-12-31

From: Barry Shein <bzs () world std com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 21:33:54 -0400

I think the words you're looking for are "revoked", "reclaimed", and
"returned" address space.

On October 22, 2010 at 02:53 niels=nanog () bakker net (Niels Bakker) wrote:
* bzs () world std com (Barry Shein) [Thu 21 Oct 2010, 22:59 CEST]:
And, of course, the RIRs could just cancel all the IPv4 route
announcements, whatever they do if someone doesn't pay or whatever.

I think you're mistaking the default-free zone for Usenet.  The DFZ
doesn't have 'cmsg cancel' messages.

     -- Niels.

--
"It's amazing what people will do to get their name on the internet,
  which is odd, because all you really need is a Blogspot account."

--
        -Barry Shein

The World              | bzs () TheWorld com           | http://www.TheWorld.com
Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: 800-THE-WRLD        | Dial-Up: US, PR, Canada